Selim R. Benbadis, M.D.
Professor and Director,
Comprehensive Epilepsy Program
University of South Florida and Tampa General Hospital
Department of Neurology
Department of Neurosurgery
Harbourside Medical Tower Suite 730
4 Columbia Drive, Tampa, FL 33606.
Campus Mail Code: HMT 730 E-Mail: email@example.com Phone: 813/259-0892 FAX: 813/259-0858
Current CV (pdf format)
- Professor of Neurology, Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery, University of South Florida
- Director, Comprehensive Epilepsy Program
- Director, Clinical Neurophysiology Laboratory
- Attending Neurologist, Tampa General Hospital
- Attending Neurologist, James A. Haley V.A. Hospital
- Attending Neurologist, Moffitt Cancer Center
- Sleep Disorders
- Medical education
- Medical writing and editing
EducationUniversité de Nice (France), Faculté de Médecine
- Residency: Family Practice. Université de Nice, France
- Internship: Medicine. Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH. 7/88-6/89
- Residency: Neurology. Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH. 7/89-6/92
- Fellowship: Epilepsy & Sleep Disorders. Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH. 7/92-6/94
- The Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Ordre National des Médecins, France, Médecine Générale [National Board of Medicine, Family Practice], 1987
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology - 1993
- American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology 1994
- American Board of Sleep Medicine 1996
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Added qualification in Clinical Neurophysiology - 1999
- Assistant Professor of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 1994-1996
- Staff Neurologist and Director, Epilepsy Program, Cleveland Clinic Florida, Ft Lauderdale, FL, 1996-1998
Honors & Awards
- Faculty Teacher Award awarded by Residents and Faculty, department of Neurology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Academic year 1999, 2001, 2002,2003, 2004.
- Examiner, American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology Part II (oral), 2001
- Examiner, Neurology Boards Part II (oral). American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 2002, 2003, 2004.
- Examiner, American Board of Registration of EEG and Evoked Potentials Technologists, Inc., 2001.
- Honored member, Strathmore's who is who, Millenium Edition, 2000-2001.
- Faculty Teacher Award awarded by Residents and Faculty, department of Neurology, University of South Florida College of Medicine, Academic year 1998-1999.
- American Academy of Neurology: Excellent and frequent participation as an ad hoc reviewer for Neurology (1996, 1997).
- Teacher of the year for "Excellence in teaching", awarded by Residents and Fellows, department of Neurology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Academic year 1995-1996.
- Sleep Research Society Travel Award. American Professional Sleep Societies Meeting, Nashville, TN. June 1995.
- Annual Peskind Award for Best Scientific Paper: Cleveland Clinic Educational Foundation, Cleveland, OH. June 1994.
- Second Prize: XVIth Cleveland Clinic Neuroscience Research Day, Cleveland, OH. May 21, 1991.
Online Book: EEG Atlas
- 1995: Advances in Epilepsy. Symposium co-chairman. Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 1996: The nightmare of sleep disorders. Symposium co-chairman. Sponsored by Cleveland Clinic Florida. Fort Lauderdale, FL
- May 1999: Advances in Epilepsy. Course Director. Sponsored by USF. Longboat Key, FL
- January 2000: Advances in Neurology. Course Director. Sponsored by USF. Longboat Key, FL
- CME course Director: Annual Meeting of the Florida Society of Neurology, Naples, FL, July 13-15, 2000.
- Symposium Chairman: Psychological issues in epilepsy. American Epilepsy Society, Los Angeles, December 6, 2000.
- Symposium Chairman: "Florida Epilepsy" - What's new in epilepsy? A joint conference organized by the Academic/University Epilepsy Centers of Florida. Organized by the University of South Florida, with Faculty from University of Florida, University of Miami, and Miami Children's Hospital, April 7-8, 2001, Orlando, FL.
- E-Medicine Neurology (Associate editor and CME editor)
- Epilepsy & Behavior (Editorial Board Member, 2005-present, Steven C. Schachter, MD, Editor-in-Chief)
- Epileptic Disorders (Editorial Board Member, 2006-present, Alexis Arzimanoglou, MD, Editor-in-Chief)
- European Neurology (Editorial Board Member, 1998-present, Julien Bogousslavsky, MD, Editor-in-Chief)
- Seizure (The International Journal of the British Epilepsy Association, Editorial Board Member, 2000-2005, Tim A. Betts, MD, Editor-in-Chief)
- Journal of Epilepsy (Editorial Board Member, 1996-1998, Allen R. Wyler, MD, Editor-in-Chief)
- Expert Review of Neurotherapeutics (2001-present)
- Biomed Central - Neurology (2003-present)
- Neurology Reviews (2000-present)
- Sleep Research Online (Editorial Board Member, 1998-present, online journal published by WebSciences on behalf of the World Federation of Sleep Research Societies)
Ad Hoc Reviewer
- Neurology (1995-present, Robert B. Daroff, MD, and Robert C. Griggs, MD, Editors-in-Chief)
- Epilepsia (Ad Hoc reviewer, 2001-present, Timothy A. Pedley, MD, Editor-in-Chief).
- Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry (1999-present, Professor C. Kennard, MD, Editor-in-Chief).
- Annals of Internal Medicine (1999-present, Frank Davidoff, MD, Editor-in-Chief).
- JAMA (1999-present, Phil B. Fontanarosa, MD and Richard M. Glass, MD, Interim co-Editors-in-Chief).
- The Lancet (Ad Hoc reviewer, 1999-present, Richard Horton, Editor).
- Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology (1996-present, Gastone Celesia, MD, Editor-in-Chief).
- Epilepsy Research (1998-present, Ilo Leppik, MD, Editor-in-Chief).
- Clinical EEG (1995-present, Miles Drake, MD, Editor-in-Chief).
- Journal of Neuroimaging (1999-present, Lawrence R. Wechsler, MD, Editor-in-Chief).
- Revue Neurologique (1995-present, JM Léger, MD, Editor-in-Chief).
- Psychosomatics (1996-present, Thomas N. Wise, MD, Editor-in-Chief).
- National Institutes of Health, Division of Research Grants (Member, peer-review panel for scientific merit review of grant applications, 1996, 1999, Joe Marwah, PhD, Program Director).
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
- Florida Society of Neurology
Committees & Administration
- 1/2000-present: Member, Education Committee of the American Academy of Neurology's Epilepsy Section
- 1/99-00: Member, National Sleep Course Committee, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- 11/99-01: Member, Annual Meeting Scientific Program Committee, American Epilepsy Society
- 8/99-02: Member, Annual Meeting Scientific Program Committee, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- 11/99-present: Member, Task Force on Employment Guidelines, American Epilepsy Society
- 1/99-00: Chairman, International Affairs Committee, American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- 1/99-present: Professional Advisory Board, Epilepsy Services of West Central Florida
- 7/98-present: Board of Directors, Florida Society of Neurology
Other current positions
- Faculty, The National School of Sleep Medicine
- Medical Director, School of EEG Technology, Erwin Technical Center, Tampa, FL
- Born 06/22/60 in Paris, France
- Citizenship: France
- Married to Amy L. Friedman, MSW
- One child: Alexandra, born 8/28/95
- Visit Tampa
- Current Florida Ranking (45s)
- Current National Ranking (45s)
- 2004 Florida Ranking (40s)
- 2002 National Ranking (40s) - #14 !!!!!! CAREER HIGH !!!!!!
- 2002 World Ranking (40s) - #64
This site is always under construction
Copyright © 1999, Selim R. Benbadis, M.D.